A.R.E. You Actively Reading and Engaging?™
A.R.E. You Actively Reading and Engaging™:
- Assist students in using same text based strategies at home.
- Helps prompt book talk with parents.
- Color coded strategy system helps parents in discussing books, articles, and homework assignments.
A.R.E. You Actively Reading and Engaging™ provides a great opportunity for parents to interact with their children while they are completing schoolwork or when they simply reading for pleasure.
- Encourage your child mark correct responses in text as they read
- Prompt your child to make at least two connections as they read
- Have your child identify and mark characters as they encounter them. Follow that up with having your child explain their character traits and why they are important to the text.
- Parents can ask their child to find the details in the text that support the main idea. Have your child discuss those details and explain why they are important.