A.R.E. You Actively Reading and Engaging?™
A.R.E. You Actively Reading and Engaging™ :
- Empowers teachers of all content to embed literacy strategies and practices into their instruction.
- Prompts teachers to notice students who may have challenges engaging the text.
- Helps create a school wide culture around literacy.
"Good readers are engaged actively in what they read."
Dr. Sharon Faber, author, How to Teach Reading When You're Not a Reading Teacher
- Engage with text using multi-colored strategy system
- Mark answers to text based questions before they write final responses
- Identify and mark characters of newly introduced text
- Mark claims to justify an argument
- Challenge students to make independent connections in the text.
- Engage students in Accountable Talk to bring the text further to life.
- Empower students to engage during independent reading time.